- D-Wave provides quantum computing systems, software, and services that deliver value to its customers via practical quantum applications
- Recent customer use cases include Pattison Food Group, Satispay, Davidson Technologies, Momentum Worldwide, and VINCI Energies
- Success reported using D-Wave technology in areas such as delivery scheduling, custom reward programs, defense applications and more
D-Wave Quantum (NYSE: QBTS), a leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services, focused on delivering value to customers via practical quantum applications for problems such as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, scheduling, and financial modeling, is providing real-world use cases of its quantum applications to showcase how they can be used in a variety of industries to solve numerous problems.
Customers across a variety of industries are findings solutions to their computationally complex problems through D-Wave’s quantum and quantum-hybrid applications, including:
- Pattison Food Group, Canada’s largest Western-based provider of food and health products is moving multiple quantum-hybrid applications into production. The first, an e-commerce driver delivery scheduling application, is now in production to create schedules that serve over 100 stores. This application has trimmed what was once an 80-hour task to just 15 hours each week, an 80% time savings. In addition, the company will soon bring another quantum-hybrid application into production, one that optimizes in-store resource scheduling in its stores across Canada.
- Satispay, the leading Italian fintech unicorn focused on revolutionizing mobile payments, is using a quantum-hybrid application that optimizes customer rewards initiatives. Using D-Wave’s constrained quadratic model hybrid solver, the application showed an improvement of 50% in customer rewards programs for the same amount of budget. As a testament to its potential business value, Satispay plans to transition the quantum-hybrid application into production, with internal teams expected to use it weekly.
- Davidson Technologies, a technology services company that provides innovative engineering, technical, and management solutions for the Department of Defense, aerospace, and commercial customers, has been working with D-Wave on several quantum-hybrid applications to advance national defense efforts. Most recently, the companies have built a radar scheduling application that efficiently manages the time-limited resources of a phased-array radar system, enabling communication scheduling with moving objects. On average, there was a 15% increase in utilization across all problem scenarios and time limits, with the highest improvement reaching an impressive 42%.
- Momentum Worldwide, a global experiential advertising agency and part of the Interpublic Group with clients including many of the world’s most famous brands, is using quantum to create routes for promotional tours. Creating these tours takes significant work hours and domain expertise to ensure that all client requirements and federal regulations are considered. For this project, D-Wave developed a hybrid quantum-classical solution using D-Wave’s Leap platform to automate the creation of these tours with optimal routes, reducing Momentum’s operational costs for producing and running these tours. The prototype D-Wave solved the given problem in less than an hour and is well-designed to transition to a full production-quality application easily.
- VINCI Energies, an environmental and digital transition accelerator along with QuantumBasel, a key D-Wave’s strategic partner, is working on a pilot project to better design the layout of an HVAC system for a new building, considering discrete duct sizes and joint costs. VINCI Energies has been developing an automated solution for a largely manual process. Built to supplement that automated solution, the quantum-hybrid application showed better qualitative and quantitative results across all evaluation metrics. Overall, the application resulted in a lower-cost and more aesthetically pleasing solution for HVAC system placement.
As a pioneer in quantum computing, D-Wave’s relentless pursuit of practical quantum computing has resulted in its technology being used today by some of the world’s most advanced enterprises, including industry leaders like Mastercard, Deloitte, ArcelorMittal, Siemens Healthineers, Unisys, Accenture, BBVA, NEC Corporation, Pattison Food Group Ltd., DENSO, and Lockheed Martin.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.DWaveQuantum.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to QBTS are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/QBTS
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking, as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from the information expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements and may not be indicative of future results. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements regarding plans by D-Wave customers to bring applications to production and expected usage of the D-Wave applications by its customers once in production. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, among others, various factors beyond management’s control, including that D-Wave’s customers could change or cancel their plans involving D-Wave’s applications; general economic conditions and other risks; the company’s ability to expand its customer base and the customer adoption of its solutions; risks within D-Wave’s industry, including anticipated trends, growth rates, and challenges for companies engaged in the business of quantum computing and the markets in which they operate; the outcome of any legal proceedings that may be instituted against the company; risks related to the performance of the company’s business and the timing of expected business or financial milestones; unanticipated technological or project development challenges, including with respect to the cost and/or timing thereof; the performance of its products; the effects of competition on its business; the risk that the company will need to raise additional capital to execute its business plan, which may not be available on acceptable terms or at all; the risk that the company may never achieve or sustain profitability; the risk that the company is unable to secure or protect its intellectual property; volatility in the price of its securities; the risk that its securities will not maintain the listing on the NYSE; and the numerous other factors set forth in D-Wave’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for its fiscal year ended December 31, 2022 and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this press release in making an investment decision, which are based on information available to the company on the date hereof. D-Wave undertakes no duty to update this information unless required by law.
BillionDollarClub (“BDC”) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on the biggest and brightest companies covered by IBN. It is one of 60+ brands within the Dynamic Brand Portfolio @ IBN that delivers: (1) access to a vast network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to efficiently and effectively reach a myriad of target markets, demographics and diverse industries; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ outlets; (3) enhanced press release enhancement to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of tailored corporate communications solutions. With broad reach and a seasoned team of contributing journalists and writers, BDC is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that want to reach a wide audience of investors, influencers, consumers, journalists, and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BDC brings its clients unparalleled recognition and brand awareness.
BDC is where breaking news, insightful content and actionable information converge.
To receive SMS alerts from BillionDollarClub, text “Billion” to 888-902-4192 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BillionDollarClub.com